Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pepitas Restaurant

Cold Rainy Day. Hungry. Craving Mexican.

We arrived to an empty place, but perhaps it was because we were having a late dinner. The waitress was friendly and served us some fresh corn chips with salsa while we decided what to order. I ordered the Fajita Roll with vegetarian filling, which was a large flour tortilla filled with green pepper, mushrooms, potatoes and onions. It was served alongside some tomato rice, refried beans and a side salad made of lettuce, tomatoes and plenty of dressing all in generous portions. I found that the fajitas were bland, so I added hot sauce to spice things up. The vegetables just tasted like salted baked vegetables without any flavouring. I have made much better fajitas at home, and was expecting better here.

Fajita Roll

Enchiladas
 
 
My friend ordered the Enchiladas (above), one with chicken filling and the other with chicken filling. He really enjoyed it, so although I wasn't completely satisfied with my dinner, I might come back just to try out the Enchiladas which looked quite YUM!

Pepitas on Urbanspoon (images from google)

No comments:

Post a Comment