Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Reef

So I went to The Reef the other day for dinner with my friends after a hike up Stawamus Chief. Upon ordering our food, the waiter brought us complimentary Johnny Cakes which were sooo soooo good!

This is how they look:



After asking our friendly waiter about the item, he offered us some more Johnny Cakes :).

For the main, I ordered the Trini Roti with the Ital (vegan) filling with a side of coleslaw, which was served promptly.

Trini Roti:


 The filling is basically a chickpea and potato curry and the roti is kind of like a soft tortilla. I found the dish to be very filling but it wasn't anything special. I felt that the roti did not go well with the filling. My friends who ordered different versions of the Mo-Ca Burger, really enjoyed their meal. I also tried my friend's side -spicy, crispy Plaintain Chips - tasty.

Although I didn't like my main dish, I will definitely return to try out different items on their menu - my eye is on the Mo-Ca Burger with the tofu patty. This restaurant is definitely vegetarian-friendly. They offer vegetarians a variety of options. I've already been back to order a dozen Johnny Cakes for take-out for my family, and they loved it.

                                    ... Great Atmosphere, Enticing Menu, Friendly Service ...




Stats:

Address:
4172 Main Street
Vancouver





(604) 874-5375)

Price Per Person: $15-$30
Cost for this dish: $10 + TAX (as of May 17, 2012)
Hours: Mon - Fri: 11AM - 1AM, Sat - Sun: 10AM - 1AM

The Reef on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment